Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Beltaine ~ May Day Poem By Jan


(( Old Deep Ones// Raven walks to me three times//then to the river//        //4/27/12 for Beltaine (April 29 and May Day)
Citizen Earth// After the prayer…))        Title as above// luis-beth-nion
Daughter of the Universe
Child of the Moon and Earth
Traveling over Ocean Waves
Deep in the Starry Night
I was a Bird with open wings
Soaring, never touching down
I drank the dew from the Moonbeams
Deep in the starry night
Like a Turtle turning ‘round
I saw the ships come from afar
Greetings of the Red Fire Star
Bright in the brilliant day
I was these jumping Dolphins there
Whale’s bellow blown before
The Sea-wolf and the wing-ed Ray
Lions; Fish ;Pearls adorned
I was the Mother of the World
My birthing gave the name to men
My creatures all so fine and fair
Deep in the dying day
The finest those, who fly and swim
And dance and play there still
Who climb and hover, o’er the Din
Deep in the Hidden Time
O’ generous, our Nurturing                                                “nurturment”                                     
And how the Rain and Waters flow
The Tides a power, for life does grow
Deep in the starry night                                             
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Beltaine/ 2012                   by      Jan/ with bodhran (Irish hand drum: “bow-ran”)

No comments:

Post a Comment