Sunday, February 17, 2013

A Good Day to Be Alive

Your truth stirs mine. 
Between meetings this week 
with the women and sisters 
in my community, 
I found my self once again 
Stalking Truth 
through the archives 
of colonial obfuscated text 
written by patriarchal men 
I in search for lingering traces 
of my matrilineal relations, 
bought and sold into slavery and servitude, 
attempting to heal and reveal 
the blood stained memories 
of who and when the She's 
who are directly related to me 
were murdered without reason...
huddled trying to hide in the tall toolies, 
or in our homes...
this is the war within, 
I ask to come to an end. 
Do not pity, romanticize or forget me. 
For I will cry 
the sweet rivers 
and salty oceans 
into existence again, 
for I am made of the Alchemy of Creation. 
In the warp and weave 
in the seen and unseen
all my relations in timeless union 
with the Dance that sets me free
to midwife prayers for Beauty Way 
and future generations
I know our Mother Earth will birth again 
for I am winyan. 
Today is a good day to be alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment